Wednesday, 6 March 2013

R.L.A. Mood Music

I think this song symbolises the mood in "When My Nam Was Keoko", a sad and dark song. "When My Name Was Keoko" Is about a girl named Sun-Hee and her brother Tae-Yul who live in Korea under the rule of the Japanese. The book isn't slavery at all, but it's nearly worse. Sun-Hee is renamed Keoko and her brother is now called Nobuo. They may never hang the Korean flag up. They must plant cherry trees in their garden. They must burn all Sharon trees, the tree of Korea. It seems like everything Korea has made was destroyed. Therefore, I picked this song to symbolise the shattered soul of Korea that the Japanese are trying to destroy.

4 comments:

  1. I like the music that you chose. It reminds me of sadness, darkness, and seriousness. I think this music fits the book well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song was in a sad mood so I think this matched the book. I liked how you said "...the shattered soul of Korea..." because it really descriped the feeling. Good job Lukas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with your post, it is a sad and dark song just like the book. Great job and great song choice it really matches the mood in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title of this song also matches the mood. 'Forgotton'is like saying the Koreans had forgotton themselves. They thought they had no hope and they are now part of Japan forever.

    ReplyDelete