Why Never Again isn’t a good thing
I used to play an instrument
like it was a battle
like torturing
while my instrument sang
barely
just barely
Under the massive wave of cheering
screeching
across the room
But my time drew to a close
when those behind me grew impatient
“when is it my turn?
when can we get him off?”
and I stood up,
rounded the edge of the stage
and left
Perhaps,
one day,
I will look back
perhaps with a pipe in hand,
and an old wooden rocking chair,
and smile.
But then again,
odds are,
I won’t.
I would cry.
because
never again
will I return,
to that exact same spot,
play the exact same music,
with the exact same instrument,
for the exact same people.
And Never Again
will I hear that applause
Poem Poem
Two brothers met,
spoke,
flew beneath the glowing sun,
and left
before the fire came
And five of their brothers,
good, strong men
ran
desperate,
but three of their number
were fated to die
Those that stayed
they sang
of those who died
deserved to live,
and those who lived
deserved to die.
And those who left,
mourned,
beneath the glowing sun,
beneath guilt, anger,
but knew,
they deserved to live
just a much as those
who stayed behind.In case you didn't know,
I'm listening.
What, my head is turned?
Is that a problem?
Can I only hear in this direction?
I think you can hear in every direction.
Oh, do I have my earphones in?
Don't worry.
I'm not playing music.
Mainly.
And anyway, I can still hear.
Am I doodling on my notebook?
Actually,
these are notes.
Unconventional notes.
I'm a visual learner.
So, am I talking to my friend?
Well.
Maybe I am.
Why?
Because, honestly,
my friend is a lot more interesting than you.
I do respect you.
You're just not very interesting.
So I'm justified!
If you want me to listen,
give me a reason to.
Jee.
I really liked the last poem. It's funny, it's sarcastic, and it's relatable. Every person who gets in trouble thinks it, they want so badly to say it, but they can't. Mostly because detention doesn't sound pleasant. It has a distinct rhythm and/or pattern, and you can easily tell it's a poem. Nice job! ^^
ReplyDeleteYour first poem uses imagery to create a scene, and it helps me visualize it very well!
ReplyDeleteThe ending was superb. I really like how you linked it up. In the beginning you say that your performance is already over with. That what you have done is finished and that it can never be relived. At the very end you state "And Never Again will I hear that applause" I believe that is an amazing line because it wraps up you poem sufficiently but on top of that you also link up the ending of your performance with the ending of the poem. (Most applauds come at the end)
ReplyDelete