Reflect on how your team chose its mentor text. How do you feel the discussion went? How do you feel about your own role in the decision? Explain one way the decision could have gone better.
I think this was a very fast decision. We selected a poem that many liked, confirmed that no one had any serious complaints about it, and then gave it a stamp of approval, without considering many of the other choices to a serious degree. I won't say it was a bad choice, it's just that, well, it wasn't thought about for very long.
I'd also like to question our decision to expect one candidate poem from each member of the group. Rather than letting people suggest as we went along, asking for fifteen different poems meant there were too many poems to consider, which, of course, further reduced our time to decide.
I'll admit, I'm somewhat poor at contribution to group discussion.
No comments:
Post a Comment