Saturday, 17 August 2013

Squid Jet Propulsion: Genius!

Google Science Fair has picked its finalists!
Movement-Enhancing Gloves and Battery-Free Flashlights are cool, but I think the winner of the Science Fair should be Alex Spiride (13) and his squid jet propulsion robot.
It does need a pole above the water to pump in air, but it has the benefits of not disrupting the ecosystem: it's sounds just like a squid swimming in the water, letting scientists approach marine life without causing alarm. It also can't kill marine life with a propeller. It's highly efficient with power and can get up to speeds of 30 Cm./Sec. It easily outperforms any man-made submarine.
I hope scientists begin using this system to power their submarines. If you want to look closer, go to This Website.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you fully explained how the Squid Jet works. I also like how you were able to explain how the Squid Jet Functions in a way that is easy enough for all of us to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you put information about the inventor. I didn't choose that one, but that invention is great

    ReplyDelete