I did, surprisingly finish my book despite several initial setbacks. Not much reading happened over the weekend (which greatly surprised me), no more than fifty pages in total which was seventy pages under my goal. A major amount of homework weighed down my schedule, forcing me to use long forty-five minute bus rides to eat at my book. The end result was the same- I finished my book, but the amount of pages I cleared in a day was erratic and unpredictable.
No major achievements were gained in the reading of this book, except, of course, this being my first book I have read as an eighth grader. That does not mean that I would not recommend this book to others- it is really a book that forces one to ponder whether our pursuits of vanity are going to cause problems in the future. It is a good conversation starter, but coupled with a plot far more interesting and captivating than what I expect from its type. Slightly clichéd in places, but all in all a good read.
Sticky noting, inherent to reading in any RLA class, went quite well. I attempted not to see sticky notes not as homework, something you have to find somewhere, but as honest. This means that I am not sure precisely how many sticky notes I used- eight, approximately. There was many big ideas to discuss, and somehow I think I may need another person to gain a different perspective on the story, as currently I have a very one sided view upon the novel.
It has come to my attention that this book possesses a sequel. In fact, I discovered no less than four other pieces of literature within the series, each showcasing a different facet of this apocalyptic future. I would not plan to continue the series however.
Many people claim that all these apocalyptic future novels are "making them young whippersnappers hate the world, hate the government, and believe they're going to get arrested by some men in black if they aren't " Goodness, if there's anyone who's paranoid, it's you. You're
Rebel Sentence. Doesn't care about paragraphs.
Hobo Sentence. Doesn't have a paragraph to live in.
Nomad Sentence. Searching for food and readers.
It has come to my attention that this book possesses a sequel. In fact, I discovered no less than four other pieces of literature within the series, each showcasing a different facet of this apocalyptic future. I would not plan to continue the series however.
Many people claim that all these apocalyptic future novels are "making them young whippersnappers hate the world, hate the government, and believe they're going to get arrested by some men in black if they aren't " Goodness, if there's anyone who's paranoid, it's you. You're
Rebel Sentence. Doesn't care about paragraphs.
Hobo Sentence. Doesn't have a paragraph to live in.
Nomad Sentence. Searching for food and readers.
No comments:
Post a Comment