Wednesday, 1 October 2014

TWMM TOFU Question

I made two errors that were marked- the first was forgetting to label axis, and the second was forgetting to put a minus sign in my final answer, both of which could be catastrophic in a critical situation, but neither of which provided any learning other than being careful with writing is important, even when you have finished calculation. Therefore, I think talking about what I learned in the last unit is best.

Last unit, I have really understood making equations for graphs- not drawing graphs, or making tables, but actually writing the equations. While we did work on equations last year, the rules for making the equations were unclear and we didn't even look at inverse variation. I also have, after much work and a good deal of trial and error, figured out the difference between independent and dependent variables. In science class, we learnt about the digital ways of making graphs, eliminating the need to study that in math class. However, at current I far prefer physical graphs because of technology refusing to cooperate. All in all, a valuable but not far too daunting unit that ties directly into the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment