Thursday, 4 December 2014

Reading Reflections: BLAAAAAAWG!!

I am probably the world's most errant, abrupt, unpredictable, and confusing reader the world has ever seen.
Book intake volume is bang on the dot. Fourteen books calculated, fourteen books goaled, fourteen books achieved. Great. The more notable statistic is how I got to fourteen. In the span of one week sometime in October, I burn through an unbelievable five books. It takes me the rest of a semester to read seven books. Unbelievable. Apparently, weekends and holidays somehow push my reading speed incredible high, but it crashes and burns on school days. Although I do find it preferable- reading books intermittently causes confusion (how ironic) and disrupts my pattern of thinking. However, burning through the entirety of a book in a short span of time somehow does not bother me- where others would be stultified before the hour number hit double digits, I barely notice the passage of time. Some people just lost interest so quickly.
Now, the problem of variety is a topic I have long since grown weary of. See, I have problems not being bored by reading a book too grounded in reality. Not that there do not exist good non-fantasy books around, such as "the Wednesday Wars", but I would not exactly say it was completely... realistic. This is debatable, however.
All in all a reasonably productive semester. After much coercion, I have been "influenced" to attempt a far more difficult read, none other than the world-famous classic, George Orwell's 1984.

No comments:

Post a Comment