Wednesday, 3 December 2014




The majority of the information was something I did not know, but there was little that surprised me. I mean, I didn't know four Americans would die every twenty minutes, but does it surprise me? It's reasonably obvious that a whole darn lot of Americans die from food related problems, I just can't put a number on it. However, it irritates me greatly that Oliver completely failed to say anything other than "You're eating wrong. Americans are eating very wrong. Your kids are eating wrong. Here, have some shock statistics." There was zero, zilch, nada, and absolutely no recommendation on what the heck we should do except stop eating junk. There wasn't even clarification over what junk food is! Are chips bad for you? Of course not. There's very little sodium, fat, and calories in a serving of chips. How many servings are there in a bag? Information like this is completely omitted. For someone who doesn't know they're eating wrong, this is a powerful lecture. For someone who does, there is relatively almost no take-away whatsoever. This should be an introductory video to the nutrition unit. It's no use to us otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment