Bubble-Wrap
Apparently it's "too noisy" to pop. So I just have sit around and stare at it allll day. And believe me, i have a shortage of self-control, so this is really difficult
Grammar
I do not deny that I am a horrible, horrible, horrible grammar Nazi. I, as a word, should be capital. There is a difference between there, their, and they're. You had eight years of education, where they've been drilling into you EXACTLY how to spell definitely, or beautiful, and you STILL fail to spell it right. Guys! It's not so hard!
Imperfection
Painful if you have OCD. Put the darn stuff back in the right cupboard! Make sure everything is the right way up! turn off your stuff before dumping it into a big pile!
Cliche'd Ideas
Policy one: If the idea isn't original, it's not a bloody idea at all. Don't bore me with copies of popular stuff. The original is always better. Like in our poetry unit, almost 50% of the class did "descriptive" poem that, let's be honest, meant nothing. Yeah, that's a good metaphor for snow, yeah, that's a pretty picture of a tree... but on poem number fourteen, they all start sounding the same. Not one of the poems that got into the finals was entirely cliche'd description of love or money or loneliness.
Getting stuck with incompetent classmates
Contrary to popular belief, students work much better with friends. Even problem students. If problem students are with their friends, at least they won't bring down another group of hard-working students. And don't give me the ol' "In real life, sometimes you have to work with people you don't like". In real life, incompetents get fired. It happens all the time! Every single time you pick partners, stuff goes wrong! We pick our friends specifically for the purpose of working well together, and now you're trying to rip that apart. I remember this has happened in my 7th grade final science presentation, my entire 6th grade poetry unit, in my 7th grade Social Studies "Systems of Government" skit. All because you think we can't pick proper teams.
Sunday, 7 December 2014
Things that annoy, vex, make angry, make cross, anger, exasperate, bother, irk, gall, pique, put out, displease, get/put someone's back up, antagonize, get on someone's nerves, rub up the wrong way, try someone's patience, ruffle, ruffle someone's feathers, make someone's hackles rise, raise someone's hackles; enrage, infuriate, madden, incense, make someone's blood boil, drive to distraction, goad, provoke; informal aggravate, peeve, hassle, miff, rile, nettle, needle, get, get to, bug, hack off, get under someone's skin, get in someone's hair, get up someone's nose, put someone's nose out of joint, get someone's goat, give someone the hump, rattle someone's cage, get someone's dander up, drive mad/crazy, drive round the bend/twist, drive up the wall, drive bananas, make someone see red; Brit. informal wind up, nark, get across, get on someone's wick; N. Amer. informal tee off, tick off, burn up, rankle, ride, gravel; Brare exacerbate, hump, rasp. ANTONYMS pacify.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Interesting. I agree with you about the ability to pick proper classmates. However I agree with you. If someone else were to tell me they were responsible enough to pick there own partner I might not agree. You have to remember sometimes friends can be just as incompetent. Super incompetent. The king of incompetence. Remember Lukas that it is all relative. I believe you can pick a responsible partner but can others? Yes the failure of others brings you down. Someone will always fail whether or not they are incompetent. Failure is the very essence of human nature. Incompetence is not a factor for this. I hope you consider a failure even in a prfessional enviorment
ReplyDelete