Math, for the first time in seven years of schooling, actually attempts to stop the problem of students learning something once, and forgetting is immediately after the unit test. But then again, that doesn't inherently mean success. Yeah, I'm not too good at review, and easily forget things if not reiterated several times. Although I master skills quickly, I lose them quickly as well. I'm not too capable at requesting assistance either, and I rarely attend help sessions due to at the time the sessions are laid out, I already understand the topic. I do possess fellow students to question, but they themselves do not exactly have oodles of time. I can try, however. One of my major liabilities is my trouble with operations, which is problematic for units such as factoring or properties of exponents, where the main skill is primarily operational. Most other units I understand reasonably well, except my requiring a refresher on inverse relationships (which was a minor unit anyway). All in all, the units have been reasonably successful, but just requiring some extra help.
This organizer defines all the different forms of equations
Map Goals: It's pretty clear that I need to get better at basic computation skills. Particularly the most simple and obvious calculations of six times two can cause a fatal mistake at a crucial time which can be catastrophic for several questions. I may also require work on geometry, but not nearly as much.
No comments:
Post a Comment